Double-Knife Jointing Guillotine with Milling Unit and Glue Application
The PULCHRA-millcut double knife jointing guillotine, based on the heavy and robust construction of the AFD double knife guillotine as well, features an additional milling head. This results in a smooth and precise veneer edge which in turn facilitates a consistent and reliable glue application, even with buckled and wavy veneers.
- trims and applies glue to up to 1.5 veneer bundles per minute under the supervision of one operator
- constant surface pressure on the veneer bundle during trimming and gluing accounts for precise glue application along the bundle’s edge, even with buckled sliced and rotary cut veneers
- high cutting quality and perfect squared-edge cuts due to the swinging knife movement and the precise milling process
- highest possible level of automation owing to fully automatic trimming, gluing and discharging processes
- less space requirements compared to traditional systems
- special control modes allow to split up or to double cut veneer bundles
Three veneer bundles are simultaneously processed in continuous mode: the first on the pre-feeding and optimisation device, the second under the front pressure beam and the third under the rear pressure beam in front of the automatic discharge system.
Sequence of Operation
The veneer bundle is manually placed on the pre-feeding device and aligned on the gripper shafts. The grippers firmly clamp the veneer bundle as a pre-set laser line illuminates the position of the front knife.
To optimise veneer yield, the manually operable laser line for the positioning of the back knife is quickly and exactly set and the data transferred to the computer at the push of a button. The following processes run automatically.
The veneer bundle is placed in the machine, aligned at the position of the front cut and firmly held by the frontal pressure beam (2). The grippers (1) release the veneer bundle and revert to the initial position to retrieve the next bundle. In the meantime, the front knife (3) accurately cuts the veneer bundle on the front edge.
The gluing roller (4) now quickly applies the chilled glue on the complete bundle’s edge in a clean and gapless fashion by travelling along the clamped bundle. The bundle keeps being pressed between the cutting and glue application processes. The grippers now position the veneer bundle at the rear cutting position. As the rear pressure beam lowers to clamp the bundle, the grippers retract und the rear knife cuts to width with optimum yield.
The rear gluing roller then evenly glues the edges of the veneer bundle still firmly clamped. After gluing, the rear pressure beam releases the veneer bundle before the grippers of the automatic discharge system (5) deliver it to the roller conveyor for angular outfeed to a fanning station, for example FANNINGMASTER Veneer Fanning Machine Fanningmaster(7).